Why Choose an Insurance Broker for your Auto Insurance?
If you’ve ever tried to shop on your own for auto insurance, you know how much time and energy this can take. You’d like to check out numerous insurance companies to nail the best bargain, but every representative with whom you deal can easily waste up to half an hour or more of your precious time. The effort can exhaust you, and although the first offers you receive may not be the best, no one can blame you for wanting to accept one quickly and be done with it.
Luckily, with the help of an experienced auto insurance broker, you won’t have to settle.
What Makes an Auto Insurance Broker Special?
As independent agents, brokers are not subject to any one auto insurance company. Instead, all are free to shop around and leverage their contacts to obtain a large number of competing quotes. After helping you compare them, your broker will craft a customized car insurance policy that you might be unable to obtain in any other way.
A qualified auto insurance broker will:Have a thorough acquaintance with local and national markets.
- Have an in-depth acquaintance with local and national markets.
- Thoroughly explain all features of the brokerage facility.
- Take the time to understand your current circumstances.
- Evaluate a range of insurance carriers with regard to pricing, reputation, and excellence of service.
- Find you the best deals.
- Access an up-to-the-minute database to get you the policy you require at a price you can afford.
The insurance broker who takes the time to understand your requirements can review all options to find you the perfect auto policy.
What You Need and What You Don’t
Car insurance can be had in several different varieties, and each will have a specific impact on your budget. The commonest include:
- Liability – When you are at fault in an accident, your liability insurance will pay the injured party’s medical bills and cover the costs of his property repair. This is the type most often mandated by law, and in Nevada, all licensed drivers must carry it.
- Collision – If your vehicle suffers damage in an accident, this coverage will pay to repair or replace it. Nevada does not demand it, and owners of older vehicles may find it unnecessary.
- Comprehensive – If your car suffers losses unrelated to a car accident, this variety of insurance will have your back. It is optional in Nevada.
- Uninsured and underinsured motorist – This elective insurance will cover injury or damage caused by inadequately insured drivers.
- Medical and personal injury – It protects you and your passengers when you are at fault for the accident but may not be needed by those with alternative health insurance.
- Guaranteed asset protection – This so-called GAP coverage will pay off your loan if you total your car while owing more than it is currently worth.
- Rental Reimbursement – This will provide a rental car while your vehicle is disabled due to a claim.
- Roadside Assistance – This covers towing as well as jumping a battery, replacing a flat tire, or if you mistakenly lock your keys in your car.
Nevada’s automobile insurance laws are quite specific. Drivers who thumb their noses at these requirements will face fines and additional penalties.
Combine Your Insurance Policies and Save
If you purchase both your car insurance and homeowner’s insurance through the same company, you’re likely to benefit from discounts on both. Many insurance companies offer such cut-rate bundles as a means of retaining your business for the longest possible period of time, and they can play a vital role in lowering monthly premiums. Keep in mind sometimes a broker can find you a better rate on both policies by separating them as well.
Combining your car and home insurance can also save you some headaches. One monthly check will cover both policies, leaving you with only one payment and renewal date to remember. If these benefits make sense to you, let your broker know and encourage him to bypass all insurers that fail to offer this money-saving option.
When it comes to safeguarding your property while meeting legal requirements, never settle for less than you need while paying more than you must. At All Kinds of Insurance, we’ll find you the coverage that best protects you at a price you can easily live with. Speak to an agent today at 702-534-4697. You’ll be happy you did.